Margaretsnews
Monday, August 21, 2006
 
Monday, Monday

I went to work this morning and stayed the entire day! FINALLY! I honestly felt like it, and it didn't kill me. It's good to get back into the routine and get things done. I can still drive shop, cook, clean and launder; and when I'm doing those things, it's easy to forget that I have cancer. I'm reminded again when those medical bills arrive--OUCH! I may have to sell the dog to pay for these treatments. He's big, he sheds all over, he won't fetch, and he's lazy--any takers? Huh, I thought so.

As of today, I still have my hair, although I think the end is near. My scalp is starting to ache and tingle, which is a sign that the hair is saying "goodbye". The sensation is the same as when the hairstyle changes (into say, a high, tight ponytail or an "up-do"), and then goes back to the original style. I know it's just hair, but I don't want to lose it. I had entertained the idea of shaving it this past weekend, but as it turned out, I just couldn't do it. I'm not quite that brave, but soon, the decision will be out of my hands anyway. And yes, I'm fairly certain it's going; 5 doctors have told me so. Maybe I'll shave it next weekend. And maybe not.

Those wonderful people at work had flowers to greet me this morning! On my desk was a very bright and colorful bouquet with mums, carnations, lillies, and some tiny little yellow flowers that I don't know the name of. What a wonderful way to start the week! Thanks to my co-workers! I feel so fortunate to work with such thoughtful people.
 
Comments:
Had you on my mind. I had talked with E. today at work and she will also be surprised to find you stayed all day at work today. You go girl! and no, I don't need a dog but have one I would love to give you on loan to keep yours company. Heck, I would even provide food for both with the offer!!!!! Back at that first week of school and you remember what that is like but wanted to say hello. DSpr.
 
Hi Margaret -
Congratulations!!!I'm sure your co-workers were just as happy to have you there the entire day. It's good to see that you are gaining strength - just don't use every last drop before you rest.
As for the dog, my daughter has 3 (plus the 2 babies) so MAYBE I can sneak yours in and she won't notice - I'll get back to you on that.
As for the hair I am sorry. But please know that as long as you smile and keep that twinkle in your eyes it won't matter to your friends.
Wishing you another full day at work since that gives you such a sense of accomplishment but remember you don't have to prove anything.
Love, Jo
 
I was just thinking - do you realize how many times you will get your hair cut in the next 38 years? If you are like some other people who seem to want to have regular haircuts, you will most likely go to the "stylist" every two months, minimum. For argument's sake, lets say you go every 3 months. That is 4 times 38 or 24,876.2 times. So for the next two haircut intervals you won't have to bother. You still have 24,876.2 left. Go ahead and pull the rest of it out. There is plenty of time to harvest more later.

As for ol' Buck. You know, Ms Desern, Buck knows things. Things you might not want other people to know. You sell him to the right person and he spills what he knows, you in big trouble.

Now about your attendance at work. I have noticed you sitting there from 8 in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon every day this week like you think that is normal. Sweetie, you are not milking this gig enough. Sick people are supposed to cut out early for, ummm, you know, sick stuff.

Oh, that's right, you aren't really sick, you just have cancer. My bad.

Anyway, it is especially nice to see you there - you are doing it all just right and I am so proud of you I might just brag about you to Enola.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger