Margaretsnews
Friday, August 18, 2006
 
Margaretsnews

It's Friday and I know I haven't posted in a couple of days.

The truth is there's no news.

I feel OK most days, although I tend to stay tired. I'm resting at every opportunity and eating more. My energy level is slowly increasing, which makes me want to do more, but I regret it when I do. I'm learning the limits--#$*%^@ limits!--by trial and error. Talking on the phone is still hard, but for 10 - 15 minutes I can do it. Standing up for more than about 5 minutes is very tiring, but I can sit for hours and be OK. I've been taking the dog for short walks that take about twice as long as I'd like, but walking fast is just out of the question at this point. I think that a little bit of exercise is good for me as long as I don't struggle with it. Food is becoming appealing again, which must be a good sign. Housework is the most exhausting, so, gee, can't do that now, can I?

I'm still amazed at the amount of support that's been generated all on my behalf. The blog is a HUGE success; people whom I don't know and who don't know me are reading it. I receive some kind of "thinking of you" card, call, or email nearly every day, and I like that. I'm glad and grateful, too, because without this support, I'd be alone and I don't do well alone. Saying "thank you" to everyone seems so very inadequate, yet it's all I have. Thank you all for doing what you do, and for what you do for me.
 
Comments:
Hey Margaret - I was going with no news is good news BUT I was soooo glad to see your update today. You have to allow your body to save all of its strength for "the fight" so please forget about doing things like housework that only takes your strength and still has to be done again in a few days! Let it be - nobody cares about anything but YOU! Talk to Enola about a few of my suggestions and I hope you agree - would love to see you. Keep resting when you can - Love, Jo
 
Ok Margaret, I was going to go on and on about the wisdom of Jo's post. Then I realized there is no need. You know it yourself.
 
Margaret: As one who has developed the art (and it IS an art) of not doing housework except until it reaches the point of almost no return/recovery, I can give you clear and unambiguous tips on how NOT to do housework. How to LET IT GO. I can prove my methods work by inviting you to my house, but it's too embarrassing for anyone outside Terry and the cats to see and/or live in. In fact, ask Terry about my expertise on how NOT to do housework. He'll affirm my claims. So, if you feel some urge to do housework, just let me know -- I'll quickly relieve you of that burden. Not by doing the housework for you (heaven forbid!), but by teaching you my time-worn and proven methods of how NOT to do housework. Save your engery for important stuff. Pam (aka: The No Housework Queen)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger