Margaretsnews
Friday, August 04, 2006
 
A good lesson

I learned a very good lesson today. Some of you already know this, but I didn't. Now I know.

The backstory: While talking with my surgeon yesterday, I mentioned to him that I was still taking Motrin and Tylenol all the time for throat pain. (We think it's referred pain; the tumor in my lung is pressing against the lining of the lung, and the sensation has to be felt somewhere, so my throat "won". ) I already knew that Tylenol would hurt the liver and Motrin would hurt the stomach, so I decided to add Aleve to the mix, and alternate the 3 pain relievers so as not to get too much of any of them. (I also have some oxy-something left over from Thursday.) Hey, I get cranky when I'm in pain, and y'all just don't want to see that.

The doctor advised me to use the oxy-something at night, Aleve during the day, and Tylenol to "fill in". Ok, I can do this. Soooo.... last night, I took 2 oxy-somethings, slept only OK, awoke in pain, took 2 Aleve, got a shower, got dressed, had breakfast, fixed lunch and drove to work. And then I threw up. Felt lousy all morning. Yes, I'm sure it was the Aleve.

Lesson learned: 2 Aleve + empty stomach = very bad idea.
See, Mom, it took only once.
 
Comments:
The chat this morning is enough from me...

Right?
 
Yes, Terry, I got the message. Really.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger