Margaretsnews
Monday, July 31, 2006
 
Monday

Well, y'all, I posted a blog around noon on Monday, and it just didn't take. Luckily, I saved it and will re-post. If it shows up twice, feel free to read it both times. Here goes:

It's noon on Monday, and I'm watching the news and truly wanting to be at work today. Except I'm not. I told Enola I was going and she was against it. But she's not the boss of me. And then I called Vandella and told her I was going in and she was also against it. And since she is the boss of me, I'm home. And I honestly have to say that it's a good thing that someone smarter than I am is in charge, because staying home today was a very good idea. I thought I would be feeling very good and ready to get up early, drive in, and be a productive member of society today. I was wrong on all counts. As y'all know, on Thursday I was prepped for some hefty surgery. Then the plan changed, but I'd already been given enough anesthesia to kill a horse, apparently. And the effects are still with me. I'm still moving slowly and get light-headed (I'd say "dizzy" but some would wonder how that's different from any other day). The couch in front of the TV is still my best friend. So maybe tomorrow I'll get to go to work.

I AM feeling somewhat better every day; I just thought that I'd be feeling MUCH better by this time. That's what I get for thinking! It's funny (once again, not funny, what I mean is annoying and irritating) that I'm still so fatigued--just getting a shower is exhausting. I'm trying to rest and not talk much, and those two things alone may just do me in. Talking is hard, and talking on the phone is hardest, so if you call, don't be surprised to get my machine or someone else saying that I just can't talk right then. I LOVE hearing from people and I am SO grateful that so many people care, but talking just wears me out. ( I swear, if the talking doesn't kill me, the not-talking might!)

Tomorrow is the appointment with the oncologist, when I get to learn all about my chemo, the when and how much and how often. I don't want to go. It's one more thing on the list that's already too long, with more stuff to remember. Oh, relax, I'll go, and I'll take notes and listen real hard--I just don't want to. Thursday is the appointment with the surgeon again, and I'm hoping he'll take the stitches out of my neck from the mediastenoscopy. They are currently covered by a band-aid now and are not visible. Much.

So that's today's scoop. I have plenty of food (yes, I'm eating; yesterday I had pie AND ice cream) and I don't need anything at all. I had a good friend offer me a stunt double the other day, and I may take her up on that. I'm still taking Motrin and Tylenol 'round the clock--still have the sore throat--and they work pretty well.

Thanks for being here. I truly appreciate the care and the generosity of those around me. I feel as though I have a soft place to fall and people ready to help me up.
 
Comments:
I'm still keeping track of you from way up north here. Glad to hear you are being well taken care of, it's always good to help a friend who has always been a help to us. I just wish I could do something other than sending the electronic hugs. Anyway, if you get bored you can check out my trip pictures and stories at http://algeemah.spaces.msn.com/. If you thought you were bored before...
Anyway, much love
Gillian
 
Thanks, Gillian! It's good to see you again, my friend. I'll take all the e-hugs I can get. And yes, will check out your pics soon!
 
here is another e-hug.glad you are doing better, been keeping up with you through hughie.knew you would be tired!
if you need me to do anything, just holler, well you can't but get your dad to holler.lol
willaim
 
bad typing day huh.lol


WILLIAM
 
Hey girlfriend,

How did it go today? Did the jouranl help? If not, I bet the brownies did the trick! Let me know when refills are needed...

Tell the guys that spaghetti's next unless there's something else they'd rather have.

If you're up and chipper Sat. morn, how about the BK w/KB? Our usual time is fine.

Remember, "I'm too blessed to be stressed" even when you really would like to punch the &*%# out of somebody. IF it still doesn't work, call me and I'm in for the punching ;>)

Love ya,
K
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger