Margaretsnews
Friday, July 28, 2006
 
Friday morning

I'm at home today, resting and coughing, and generally feeling rotten. It's the way people feel after having a tube poked down the throat and then another stuck through the skin. (With any luck at all, the incision on my throat will be in a wrinkle!)

As the previous post states (written by my son), there was no lung surgery yesterday. I talked with the doctor this morning. He said that the PET scan showed cancer in my lymph nodes, and then the mediastenoscopy (another tube in the chest) showed the same, and so it was decided that chemo was best at this time, followed by surgery in a few months.
Not what I wanted to hear. I get to go see him again next week, after I visit with the oncologist. Crud. and @$&^*.

I've been told that the tumor is about the size of a golf ball. (Do I have any golfers in my group? Get out your big clubs!)

Y'know, while I was waiting yesterday, I could feel everyone's presence with me, like y'all were there, holding my hand. Thanks. This awful journey would be unbearable without you.

I'll be back later, gotta go lie down.

Oh, and special thanks to E and K and T. They know why.
 
Comments:
We are all thinking about you at the NCGA. See you soon.
 
Holler over the fence if you need me.
 
Margaret, I just love you! You have been ever-present in my thoughts for practically 24 hours now. I admire your strength and your "outlook." What a strong woman you are.

I pray for you continuously. Asking our Savior to wrap His arms around you and to carry you through this ordeal; that you draw strength from Him as you need it and that He will provide strength from those of us who love you at will. I am with you saying, as so many of us are, "I don't think so, Skippy!" You WILL beat this thing.

God's blessings as you embark upon this journey. Not alone but with all of us--your personal big circle of friends and family.

Camille
 
Now that I have seen for myself, I am satisfied you are doing just fine. I expect you will be on time Monday morning. If not, that's ok too but a few hours will do you a lot of good. I am a lot relieved you are looking after your nutrition and have promised on Buck's fuzzy little head you will continue to do that above anything else, beside getting well, remembering to love your boys, feeding and walking Buck, hugging Enola, reading a new book, and watching that red-neck music TV station.

Wait! You didn't promise all that on Buck's fuzzy little head; Buck has a fuzzy BIG head. YOU'RE the one with the fuzzy little head.

Anyway...

After I got home, I thought about what you looked like and made the momentous decision you look like you are ready to get on with the rest of your life (that would be at least 38 more years). So here it comes sweet thing and this might be one of those "hard parts."

There might be other hard parts to come and there might have been other hard parts before, but this is going to be one of the big ones.

It has been said more times than any of us can count, WE will get through this - the "we" being the hundreds of folks who are using their "powers" to see to you.

And "you" of course. You get to be the one getting well. The rest of "we" get to have the party.

If it takes three months, six months, a year, the next decade, until you are 95, We are going to exert our collective will to get you back to us.

Thanks for the fight. Haven't had a good one in a long, long time and speaking only for me, I am ready. That sumbich is going down.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger