Margaretsnews
Thursday, July 20, 2006
  The beginning (sort of)
Hi everyone!
Thanks for coming. In light of my recent circumstances, I thought the best way to communicate with everyone would be on this blog. Y'all can get the latest updates, post comments, and maybe even get to know each other. I'm hoping that this blog will provide a good way to keep everyone informed. I intend to post whenever I'm able, and let my sons post when I just can't.

The story so far (You can skip this part if you want; it's long): Since February, I've had a sore throat. I went to my regular doctor, who prescribed antibiotics, thinking it may be allergy-related. I took all those, didn't feel any better, and called the Dr. back. I decided that this pain just has to go, and started taking Motrin and Tylenol by the handful. Ahhh...pain gone. This is good, but I can't do this forever. Got more antibiotics, different kind this time, that gave me a rash. Great, now I have a sore throat and I look like I've got chicken pox. By this time, it's May, and I still have the sore throat. Called the doctor again, was advised to get a chest x-ray now and a follow up x-ray in about a month. Ok, they don't hurt, and maybe we'll learn something. Had the first one and the doctor decided that I had pneumonia and prescribed....yes, more antibiotics. Oh, joy. I took them all along with the Motrin and Tylenol, and waited to feel better. I didn't. By this time, I was getting tired of this game, (y'all know my attention span), and I called the doctor again. I was referred to an ENT to check out my throat. He poked, prodded, stuck a tube all the way down to my toes, and then decided I was in great shape. Thanks, doc, but guess what? Yup, still have the sore throat. I was advised to get a throat CT scan. They don't hurt either, so why not? By this time, going to Radiology was like the bar in "Cheers": I walk in, they all yell "Margaret!" while I wave and smile. They can all recite the information on my insurance card. Of course, the CT scan shows a perfect throat, nothing to see here, folks, move along. And so now it's June and time for that 2nd chest x-ray. Back to Radiology. Well, now here's something...maybe it's not pneumonia after all. Better get a chest CT scan now, just to be sure. Oh, yes, why not? I have all this extra cash these days, y'know, now that I have a "real" job. And then I waited. And waited. And then I was advised that there's an infiltrate on my lung, don't know what it is, better have yet another test. I don't want to go. And yet, I know that I can't continue taking Motrin and Tylenol like they're candy, and some days they don't work so well anyway. So I go in for a bronchoscopy. (FYI: If you ever have one, make sure they put you COMPLETELY out for it.) And now it's July and the final results are here: I have lung cancer. Rats. Crud. And %$&*@.
 
Comments:
hehheh.. just wanted to see if this works--it does!
 
Thanks sweetie for setting this up. It will make things so much easier. Just think of how good it will feel to look back on all this! Here for you, gal!
Debbie S.
 
Just blown away...will contact the people you mentioned about rides and food.

2morrow is your surgery... while the rest of us are at work going thru the motions u will be starting the beginning of another journey. We will all be thinking about you.
Carol
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: United States

I decided to put a blog together for 2 reasons. I have cancer and am undergoing treatments. I wanted a record of events, and I also knew I wouldn't be able to update everyone constantly. You know how it goes: the first person who calls gets very good information. The 10th person gets, "I'm fine, kinda tired. Can we talk later?", which I thought wasn't fair. The response has been awesome; I never expected this kind of success. Thanks, Blogger! And thanks to all who read, respond, and care.

ARCHIVES
July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger